Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday Workdays!

Coming into the office today, I realized how excited I was to come into work. Even though there are lots of things to get done and projects to finish up, it is always a great workplace. The people Ascend attracts are amazing and all very driven to make a difference. The most exciting thing, with the technological advances like skype, is keeping in touch with interns in other countries. Hearing first hand the projects Ascend has been working on makes me feel proud to be interning here. I have gained skills in many areas along with making great friends and fun memories.

What attracted me to Ascend was the opportunity to work in country alongside the local people. Getting involved with hands on experience is what makes Ascend great! Ascend primary focus is the sustainability of projects, so the community can thrive long after our aide has been given.

I highly recommend interning or volunteering at Ascend. It has given me wonderful skills and has introduced me to wonderful people.

Check out our expeditions and internships at:
http://ascendalliance.org

No comments:

Post a Comment